Monday, 19 December 2016

REFLECTION-SCHOOL OF THOUGHT


Reflection 1 ..
 
Hi guys.....
 
Today I would like to share about the experience that I gain from my pedagogy in education course. Its really interesting. Before I jump into the reflection question 1, I would like to give a briefing  about school of thoughts. Basically there are three school of thoughts which is behavior, cognitive and humanistic. So now u all guys can identify what I going to share to u guys.
 
Yeah..
As a mathematic teacher I would choose behavior as my pedagogical school of thoughts. This is because its mainly refers to psychology that measures, trains and changes an individual behavior and response to certain stimuli. Through this the students will observe and imitates the teacher's behavior and instruction. For Mathematic every individual have to learn calculation steps that follows in order to get correct and students could not make their own steps or sequence that gives wrong answer. These could  sometimes lead  the students  to memorized the formulas, so here the behavior school of thoughts comes in. In this school of thoughts as a teacher I would  stress on environment as it is very important as having the right place to study will help construct and develop a good learner. Here too reinforcement plays a vital role that gives a way to the students to learn and remember things. It helps to shape and motivate the students behavior to create a successful individual. As a example that I can give from my understanding was bell, dog and food on classical conditioning that created by Ivan Pavlov.
 
 
 
In other hands, I also apply or practice cognitive school of thought. This is because it help the students in construction of thought process including remembering, problem solving and decision making and it also includes perception, attention, language, memory. All these make the students think aboard. When I said memory means there are actually two  which is short and long term memory that gives a better understanding to effective working memory. This school of thought also involves physical sense such as sight, hearing and etc that helps the students  to stay focus on what does I explaining. 
 
From theses, I can conclude that as a mathematic teacher I would practice  both combination school of thoughts to fulfill my teaching and learning process to achieve my goal or objective.
 
Thank You...
 

No comments:

Post a Comment