Wednesday, 21 December 2016

REFLECTION 8: FIVE THINNGS THAT I WILL TAKE NOTE WHEN IM IN TEACHING WORLD




REFLECTIO 8

Hi guys. This is week 12 ready. I am so stressed because the exam is near and this is my last reflection to my pedagogy course. Through this course I  have learned many things.


The last reflection question is the five things that I will take note when I am in teaching world are:

  • I will be prepared and organized before attend the class. This means I plan my lesson with clear structure and use an effective power point that contains only main points which use as a  guideline.

  • I will avoid reading the slides and notes that makes the students sleepy and boring. Make the class more interesting with carried out games or songs that related to the topic such as hangman, puzzle, bingo and etc. From these, the students love the subject.

  • As a  teachers I  need to have moral  values to be an effective teacher. So here, the passion, kind, love and helpful comes in. As a teacher I  help the students who are poor in studies by giving more exercise to enhance their skills. 

  • Class management plays a vital role in a teacher's life.  As a teacher we have to understand the students' personal and psychological needs and create an affirmation classroom climate to avoid problems.

  • As a teacher I will give to avoid misunderstanding and also clearly understand the point rather by giving long notes. When I give long notes there are nobody read the notes, so here I decide to identify the main point by highlighting. I also keep in touch with the parents to update about the lessons or give information. This could lead to have a good communication between me and parents to  create trust on teachers.

Thank You.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Siva. Its really nice to read your post. I agree with you where we have to create some games and activity to make the class fun and avoid students from getting bored with the lesson. But i have a question, where you said you want to highlight the points in the notes that you give to students because even you give long notes they wont read it. Don't you think you feed spoon your students too much? How students want to improve their cognitive skill?
    Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi umi, it's really a good question. Even though I give the main notes in short form, in exam I will be more focused on high order thinking skill questions which is (HOTS). So here the cognitive skill comes in.

    ReplyDelete