Wednesday, 21 December 2016

RELECTION 6
NARRATE YOUR EXPERIENCES WHEN PREPARING MOCK TEACHING.....

Hello guys. I am back with my new memorable moments that I had. Yeah, I am talking about my mock teaching.

Command guys, let me tell about what I do feel when I preparing for my mock teaching. Truly what I feel  was so nervous. Because another one week more for my mock teaching, I feel so frustrated because I didn't choose my topic yet. So I would like to choose the topic percentage because the topic was short and sweet.

Suddenly, Saktis call me and ask ' what topic are you taking for your mock teaching' ? I answered to her that I am taking percentage. She said that Siva I am taking percentage to my mock teaching. So I decide to change my topic to sets because before percentage I think to take sets. The topic more to shaded and contribution. I taught nowadays people are more interested in contribution rather than having a one way communication studies.

Once I got confirm with my topic. I consulted with my aunty on my topic and how should I approach the lesson to my students. As a teacher my aunty give some tips to conduct a class.  I like having a guide to follow, but I need to have class interaction. I always hated  classes where a teacher is just reading the slides or books. Why I telling these because I experienced in my school life. So I decided to  create very minimal power point. I want to give the point is truly just guide and really place for them to keep organized notes on the topic being discussed.

Besides, my slides I also prepared some group activities that help the students' understanding. I also prepare some homework which is hangouts and then also I do my lesson plan. In my lesson plan I got explained in detail that I am going to have a cross word puzzle to brainstorming section that related to the topic that I want to teach which is sets and then I give briefing about the chapter , group activities and I also give a survey form and hangouts. From the survey form I could evaluate how many of them are clear with my explanation.

This is what I planned for my mock teaching. I hope that next week I will give my best because now I am clear with the topic and steps and prays to the god. I can do it.....



Thank You.
 

10 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Siva. You did a great job for your mock teaching. I never expect that you can doing as well as that. You also have a good of voice projection and you always stress the main "words" in order for students to take note on what they learn from the lesson. So, you also having the same experience as me before my mock teaching. It's good to get others' opinion about choosing a topic. But, you should consider also what topic that you can really master and teach for your students. Can you tell me, what is the biggest problem that you face before your mock teaching and how could you find the solution to manage the problem/issue?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You adli, It's really hard to me when I prepare for my mock teaching because I want to choose a difficult topic but I try to approach in easy way to make the students understandable. In my opinion, the biggest problem that I face when I want to teach the topic sets was the induction section that needs to give game or song to attract my students because everybody says that first impression was the best. So I decided to give something different that contribute in students' interest which I give word puzzle.

      Delete
    2. Thanks Siva for replying my comment. Yes, that's always be a problem for teachers to make an interesting lesson in the classroom. But, you have did a great job. I enjoy with the word puzzle games because at last I can found all the words given. Thanks Siva. Good luck for your future as an educator. You can do it.

      Delete
  3. Hi Siva, you have done a good job in planning for your mock teaching. Your mock teaching presentation was very interesting and the group activity part was really challenges when we are trying to find out the answer. Why part do you think you need to improve to perform in the real world later on?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You danitha, The part that I need to improve to perform in the real world later on by divided students into small groups. This is because I want to everybody contribute in group activity. Then only I can evaluate that students can understand or not in that particular chapter that I teach.

      Delete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Siva, you have done a great job for your mock teaching eventhough you go thru the hard times at where you have to complete other subjects' assignments. Keep it up Siva. You are such a hardworking person. All the best for your future Siva :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank You sakthis, You the one who guide me through my course as a sister and I use this oppournity to thanked you and I hope that you will be an effective teacher in your future.

    ReplyDelete